Every now and then I need to resize my VMWare Server disks.
The is the easiest and least troublesome way, from my experience, is to use GParted Live (Gnome Partition Editor)
1. Download GParted (Gnome Partition Editor) Live (http://sourceforge.net/projects/gparted/files/gparted-live-stable/). It is an iso file that we will mount to our vm
2. Locate where your vmware-vdiskmanager.exe is. It would typically reside in the install folder, for example:
C:Program Files (x86)VMwareVMware Servervmware-vdiskmanager.exe
3. Note the path to your virtual disk (vmdk). For example:
vmware-vdiskmanager.exe -x 20GB "C:Virtual MachinesSQL2005SP3
Windows Server 2003 Enterprise EditionWindows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition.vmdk"
I personally find them still valuable. Poured my thoughts into our company blog :
Black Ninja Software – Are Vendor Certifications Still Valuable?
How about you? What’s your take on it?
Excellent Free Ebooks from RedGate
SQL Server eBook Selection
1. Protecting SQL Server Data by John Magnabosco
2. The Art of High Performance SQL by Grant Fritchey
3. The Art of XSD by Jacob Sebastian
4. Two Minute SQL Server Stumpers Vol. 5
DBA Ebooks Bundle
1. Mastering SQL Server Profiler
2. Brad’s Sure Guide to SQL Server 2008
3. Brad McGehee’s DBA Best Practices
4. How to Become an Exceptional DBA (2nd edition)
5. SQL Server Tacklebox
The Best of Simple Talk .NET
1. The Best of Simple Talk .NET – Jit N’ Run vol.2
You can download them from this link