This year’s PASS Women in Technology luncheon takes a different format. In previous years, there is always a panel of women who give their thoughts and discuss trends, issues, opportunities for women in technology. This year, there is one guest – Kimberly Bryant (@6Gems) – who is the founder of BlackGirlsCode.com.
Tag Archives: PASSWIT
“Geek” is the new cool
If you tell me I’m a geek or a nerd, I would most likely blush and take it as the greatest compliment ever.
Yes I am one …
Yes I am a geek.
Yes I am a nerd.
- Yes I laugh at the geek jokes (think XKDC …Bobby Tables, or Regex).
- Yes I get what “Kickin’ SSAS” means. (Caption at the back of the cool Pragmatic Works T-Shirt Swag).
- Yes I read SQL Server books at night before I go to sleep. (I just dug up Ken Hendersons’s Guru’s Guide book to look up those undocumented commands that Kalen Delaney mentioned in her session).
- Yes making queries run faster, or creating these fancy reports, or troubleshooting replication are what I call fun.
- I love the movies The Matrix, and Inception. ‘Nuff said.
- And yes, I thoroughly enjoy attending PASS (Professional Association of SQL Server) and geeking out with with other SQL Professionals.
I can bore you with all the other things that I think are cool. You may disagree with me, but that’s my story and I’m sticking to it.